Monday, August 03, 2009

Has Stephon Marbury Lost It?



Stephon Marbury

Hey Cupcakes,

It's a fab new week!

As you may or may not know, Stephon Marbury has been livestreaming himself 24-7 on Ustream & Justin.TV through singing, dancing, screaming and crying jags, sleeping and sleep deprivation, fasting, eating Vaseline, and the like. Some are saying that he's on drugs; Others are proposing that he may be in the mania stage of bipolar disorder. Some say he's just having fun? What do you think?

There's a similar situation that I include in one of my books, my debut novel DARE, because I don't feel like we discuss our mental health enough. We cry, we hurt, we're human. The NBA when contacted for comment said that Stephon Marbury is an adult who can do as he pleases. There seem to be friends with Marbury in every shot. If he is having a breakdown and we are all witnessing it, are others liable for not truly having his back?

MARBURY, WHY HE'S STREAMING




MARBURY CRYING (AS WE ALL HAVE)


STEPHON'S PREROGATIVE, SHAKING IT OFF


Hey! I am a "reality" TV alum so I can't judge folks letting it all hang out. If he needs help, I just would like one of those people in the video with him to get him treatment. As for me, I am enjoying writing in the summertime and had fun this weekend emceeing Blitz the Ambassador's NYC album release show. How are you? Hit me up on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Flickr, blackplanet, or PlanetAbiola.com.

Have a great day being you- despite the haters!

XO

Abiola

No comments:

What to do with teenagers when roller skating gets old? SkyZone!

As the mother of a teenage daughter, figuring out activities that give ME a break, are nearby, don't involve computers and cell phones...