Sunday, March 27, 2005

Sweet Savage She-Blogger



Image hosted by Photobucket.comPeople do different things that enable them to unwind; to de-pressurize from whatever it is that's pressuring them in their daily lives, be it job, relationship, home situation, health worries, whatever.

Some people knit. Some people jump on a treadmill. Some people make fudge. Some people play Quake. Some people masturbate to the Victoria's Secret catalog. Some people drink a quart of scotch and pass out. Some people eat fudge, drink a quart of scotch and masturbate to the Victoria's Secret catalog while running on the treadmill, then get sick and pass out after they bonk their head on the rim of the toilet. Hey, whatever works for you.

At one very stressful job I had several years ago, we had a table and chairs set up in a quiet corner of the department, and on the table were a big stack of coloring books and several boxes of crayons. Whenever you needed to take a break from a screaming client or an impossible deadline you could retreat to the coloring table for a while and just... color. Stay inside the lines if you wanted to, or scribble all over the page from edge to edge. Hey, whatever works for you.

For various reasons, my life happens to be a pressure cooker at the moment, and I often find myself in need of a de-stressing activity. My activity of choice is doctoring up old magazine ads and pulp magazine and paperback covers. Paintshop Pro and MS Paint are my coloring books and crayons.

I must have been under extreme pressure lately, because my output of 'Tildified' pictures has increased dramatically. I decided to share some of them with you here.

Just think of this post as a virtual refrigerator door where my mom has put my latest creations on display; (all held in place by magnets shaped like ladybugs and green peppers.)

My subject for all of March, in honor of Estrogen Month, has been women bloggers. Who are they? Where are they? What are they doing? What do they want? (Besides Kevin Drum's head on a pike, that is. ...Right next to Matt Yglesias'.)

Elayne, Rox, Lauren, and Trish -- this one's for you:


Image hosted by Photobucket.com


Sheena-Blogger



The most excellent SB of Watermark and Blogging Blog informs that there is soon to be a conference on blogging and bloggers in her district of Blogistan out Montana way. She has put out a call for a cowgirl She-Blogger image to mark the occasion. I hear and obey, sister!


Image hosted by Photobucket.com


Calamity She-Blogger



Yikes. Bloodthirsty old bat, ain't I. Must finish with something a little milder; a little gentler. Lull 'em into complacency, I say....


Image hosted by Photobucket.com



No Cooties On Me



This post also appears over here.

1 comment:

Modesty Blaise said...

I realize this blog posting is several years old, so I'm not sure if you'll receive this comment, but here goes...

I LOVE the graphics you've done here! I collect vintage paperback cover art (among other things), and was wondering if I could use one of these on my website's News page, which I'm moving over to a blog. The site is dedicated to the Modesty Blaise books and comics, and I started it because I was collecting up all the book covers (some good; many terrible; some is-it-cheesy-or-is-it-feminist?)
http://www.modestyblaisebooks.com/

Anyway, given that your graphics fit the theme/mood/strong-gal-concept... could I borrow one?

You can let me know at webhead@modestyblaisebooks - thanks!

What to do with teenagers when roller skating gets old? SkyZone!

As the mother of a teenage daughter, figuring out activities that give ME a break, are nearby, don't involve computers and cell phones...