Thursday, February 28, 2002

I'm not always like this, I swear!

Today is one of the rare days when I, by choice as opposed to necessity, find myself awake early enough to enjoy the sunlight falling on my desk (and illuminating the various items of kitchenware there abandoned) as it only can before 11:30AM. I've been perusing this (unquestionably gifted and precocious) infant of a weblog with glee, honored to be included in such an excellent endeavor.

I don't overuse parentheses like this all the time, I promise. Only when excited.

Now that I have something down in this text field I feel significantly less anxious, so I'll re-attempt the introduction I intended to begin ten minutes ago. Hello. I'm Emily of sorryfortheinconvenience.com, and (so far) I appear to be representing the younger contingent of webloggers. My fifteen years seem laughable in this context, but I've never placed too much importance on age. I'm a sophomore in high school, have been blogging since August of 2000, fiddling with websites since 1998, and exposed to computers for as long as I can remember. Despite this, I will always prefer doing actual things with tangible people, preferably the ones who will put up with both my exuberant silliness and occasional bouts of gloom.

I have a penchant for the arts, ranging from theater to photography to sketching to a miserably love/hate relationship with writing. I adore music, but am confined to the role of listener as I haven't the discipline to take up an instrument or improve my voice (honestly, though, I'll always sing along no matter how terrible I am). I don't hold mainstream pop music very highly at all; my radio is permanently tuned to National Public Radio.

I find the subject of gender to be endlessly fascinating, and I look forward to blogging with such delightful women! I should warn you, though, I've just returned from a week-long trip to London and am still suffering the negative effects of jet-lag, which seem to be manifesting themselves not in my physical well-being but in my mood. The remedy is clearly to consume chocolate chip cookies.

No comments:

What to do with teenagers when roller skating gets old? SkyZone!

As the mother of a teenage daughter, figuring out activities that give ME a break, are nearby, don't involve computers and cell phones...