Wednesday, April 10, 2002

Drunk Driving

I've been thinking about drunk driving since this morning, when my father (whom I unfortunately live with) called to tell me he got a DUI while working out of town.

Now, I know they say young people are more responsible for drunk driving. But it seems to me the older generation thinks they're invincible when it comes to alcohol. Shouldn't a 50-year-old man know better than to drink and drive? Shouldn't a 50-year-old man be mature enough to take responsibility for it when he gets caught? I'm 21. I know better. I knew better at 19 when I became legal (in British Columbia).

Anyone here have any experience/wisdom on this? Can I be totally sexist and say men are more likely to drink and drive?

No comments:

What to do with teenagers when roller skating gets old? SkyZone!

As the mother of a teenage daughter, figuring out activities that give ME a break, are nearby, don't involve computers and cell phones...