Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Helping People in Need This Holiday Season

I sometimes feel as though I am a very selfish person. I stress about things happening in my life that others wished that was all they had to worry about. Today, I received an email from HR for giving to families in need. Searching through the list, I saw many stories about single mothers trying to take care of their children, fathers trying to assist their families, and families that lost everything due to Hurricane Katrina. I signed up for a few Christmas present. Is there more I could do? I could and try by helping non-profit organizations during my free time.

If I had all the money in the world, I would adopt, give millions to people in need, and just try to make the world a better place. But I don't. Therefore, all I can do right now is help at least one person during this holiday season. It is known that the holiday season is when there are the most suicides.

If you feel like assisting someone, please check Volunteer Match, Charitable Choices, or go to your local supermarket and inquire within.

I hope everyone has a good holiday season.



No comments: