Friday, May 13, 2005

Proof That The Blogosphere Can Make An Impact

I'd like to thank the following blogs for writing about and linking to my posts about the Genia Shockome case:

Mental Health Update

Thoughts Of An Average Woman

Willow Tree

The Disenchanted Forest (For some reason I can't get the link to work, but this blog mentioned the Shockome case.)

Bitch, Ph.D.

Alas, A Blog

Pinko Feminist Hellcat

I hope I didn't forget anyone. I think I got everyone. If I did, e-mail me, and I'll include a link to your post.

Thanks to bloggers, the petition to free Genia Shockome from jail received over 300 signatures in less than 48 hours. Shockome remains in jail, but word is out that people are protesting the decision. An article has also been written. I'm on my laptop, and not on my iMac, so I don't have access to that article right now. I'll update this post later to include that information. As I receive more updates, I'll post about them.

No comments: