Thursday, July 11, 2002

Helllloo, Sis-tahs! I have been putzing on my infernal machine all day and am now ready to call it a day. But then I checked the Sisters' blogs and realized I haven't been here for a very long time.

It is nearly 4:00 in the afternoon and I am still in my nightgown. How decadent is that? Personally, I think it is delicious. Since it's too late now to get dressed I believe I will take a shower..........and put on a clean nightgown. Then I will fix dinner, when I feel like it, and eat in the livingroom in front of the TV and the talking heads on CNN, et al. This is my idea of a good time. Pathetic, isn't it?. LOL

This is also one of the joys of living alone. I honestly do not understand women who feel they need a partner to share space with. I am perfectly content having my cozy apartment all to myself. Well, I share it with a cat, but he doesn't take up much room. I will be 72 years old in December, for me this is reason enough to enjoy whatever MY choices will be about my life. I was married for 26 years, then divorced Casper Milquetoast in l980. Found another partner and was blissfully happy for nine years, then he died. That really annoyed me, truth be told. The perfect arrangement----his job took him out of town several days a week so we weren't joined at the hip 24/7. But nine years was not enough. That was over 10 years ago. Never really wanted or needed anyone since then.

My female friends are more valuable now than any man could be. Three of them share my love for the volunteer work we do at our modern, beautiful hospital. Then there are the people I "work" with at our Humane Society, also an unbelievably beautiful organization. I work in Vet Services, which entails administering meds to cats and dogs, and other tasks my vet tech may assign.. I do not attend church on Sundays so being with the critters is my solace and comfort. Many times I prefer animals to people.

I am a political animal. The first time I voted was for Big Daddy Ike. He wasn't much of a president but he was Our Hero. I am a tree-hugging liberal and proud of it. It was 1952 the first time I voted and the parade of presidents since then were all duly elected, not "selected". Some were good, some were not so good. Today's president? He scares me, his Attorney General scares me, actually all his cronies scare me with the exception of Colin Powell. My dream Democratic ticket would be Al Gore/Hillary Clinton. Or, Hillary Clinton/Al Gore. hahaha The time has come for a woman to be president. Too bad I won't live long enough to see that happen.

I am babbling. I am always babbling, if I have any faults at all---ahem---this would be it. This is not a deep, thoughtful, erudite blog, but since I am just a babbler, I am going to publish this blather.

No comments: