Senior citizens are constantly being criticized for every conceivable deficiency of the modern world, real or imaginary. Upon reflection, I would like to point out that it was NOT the senior citizen who took:
* The melody out of music,
* The pride out of appearance,
* The romance out of love,
* The commitment out of marriage,
* The responsibility out of parenthood,
* The togetherness out of the family,
* The learning out of education,
* The service out of patriotism,
* The civility out of behavior,
* The refinement out of language,
* The dedication out of employment,
* The prudence out of spending,
* The ambition out of achievement,
* And we certainly are not the ones who eliminated patience and tolerance from relationships. Maybe Tom Brokaw had it right when he called us "The Greatest Generation"
What can I say? It's hard to be humble.
Have a safe and fun Independence Day. We can all count our blessings and with all its warts and bumps, still be proud to be an American. Va-va-voom, bay-bies!!! Be careful out there.