Tuesday, July 30, 2002

Eve's Dating Advice

Hi, everyone! I am new here! I normally live at Creative Doubt. Here is something that I wrote that I thought was a bit silly. It was inspired by the odious Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason. (Can't stand Bridget Jones, but for some reason, can't stop reading the darn books. Not quite sure what's wrong with me!) If you relate to it, feel free to use it. You don't even have to give me credit.

At any rate, here is my dating advice:

The next time you spend 1,000,000 hours fretting over your relationship (i.e., what is he thinking about? Is there something wrong with our relationship? Do we need to talk? Why hasn't he called?), here is something that you can say that will hopefully make things better:

"[insert boyfriend's name here], I have been thinking that women have spent eons fretting over the status of their relationships with their significant others. For a change, I would like to be the one to think about the football game or the state of the car while you fret over the state of our relationship."

And then, after you say that, do what most of the men I've dated do: think about the damn football game or the state of the car. Better yet, start a new hobby. You're going to have a lot of suddenly freed up energy!

No comments: