Saturday, April 06, 2002

Teenagers

I know that I blog about teenagers today a lot, but its only because I don't understand them, and I am one . I am watching MTV's Spring Break. I don't understand the obsession with drinking, and having "sexual relations" with total strangers. I would not like to go to a beach, hook up with some guy that I meet in a bar the night before and then not remember who he was the next day. I don't see how that even comes close to a good time. Sometimes I wonder if I really am a teenager. I understand that everyone needs to have their wild and crazy days when they are young, but there is such a thing as going a little to far with it.

I say all of this because I am currently on my spring break. I know people that are going to PC beach, and I know people that are having parties, but me...I am going to stay at home. I don't think you have to go get drunk and do drugs to have a good time. When I go on a trip I like to remember it, and I like to be able to remember what I did. (and who I did it with) There is no reason at all for anyone person to "hook up" with 5 people in the same night, with all of the STD's that are out there its just not a safe thing. Wakeing up for a whole week with some guy, and a hang over is not my idea of a good time.

Sometimes, I think I am the strangest teenager in the world. Then I wake up and realize that I am the luckiest teenager in the world. I know that I don't have to go out and party and get drunk to have a good time, and that I don't need to be with every guy in the world to be popular. I also know that I am a strong woman, and I don't need to prove anything to anyone. I am my own person, and nobody can change me.

No comments: