Thursday, March 28, 2002

Strange things...

18 is such a strange age. I know that I don't have that many years under my belt, but still I have a voice, things to say and my own thoughts. I am at an age where I think, I need to find the person I am going to spend the rest of my life with. Hey, I am 18, I have a long time before I need to start thinking about getting hitched. Right? My older sister who has been married for 2 years, has been with her husban since she was a freshman in high school. He was her first "real" boyfriend, and he was her first love. I think its wonderful for her that she fell in love then and is still in love now.

Now try to explain that to my parents, and my pastor, who both think I am never going to be married, and will be an old maid. There are so many people out there who don't find the love of their lives until later on in life. I don't get why eveyone wants me married. I have been doing just fine with out any guys in my life for a long time. Yet....for some strange reason everyone wants me married. My pastor has even gone as far as hooking me up with one of his friends. (my pastor is really young) The guy he set me up with is really nice, but then again garbage would be nice after the last guy I was with. Two days after I have even talked to the guy my pastor is talking about my wedding. I have a life to live alone right now....so back off. They just don't get the fact that I am happy alone. Don't get me wrong the guy is really sweet, and very nice looking, but I am not at the point I want to think about spending the rest of my life with someone.

I have friends who are married, and who are engaged....and I think its wonderful for them, but its just not for me right now. I also don't want ot have a child. There are so may girls in my school who either have kids or are expecting. Why?? You are just a child your self. I understand that its a blessing from God, but I mean come on.....at least get out of high school before you do things like that. I know its to each his own, but that is just something I feel strongly about. It all goes back to when I was in the 8th grade and there was a girl who was with child. She already had one, then after she came back from having the second she was already preg. with the third. That was a real eye opener for me. (the baby's all had different fathers as well) I know that the youth of today does things that they should not do,and that we all have to pay the price, but you would think after the first two she would know what to do to keep it from happening again. I am not bashing anyone who has children who are not married, my sister was born before my parents were married. They waited to see if they were really in love before they did it. I know that when the time comes for me to get married (if that time does come) I will know it. Or at least I like to think I will know it.

I think that is all I have to say...yep...thats all folks! =o)