Saturday, March 02, 2002

snowy days

Hi, everyone... I thought I'd share the excitement brewing here in the Midwestern U.S. today. Alittle weather forecast I received this morning in my email:
...WINTER STORM WARNING FOR TODAY AND TONIGHT REMAINS IN EFFECT... A WINTER STORM WARNING HAS BEEN ISSUED FOR NEAR BLIZZARD CONDITIONS LATE THIS AFTERNOON AND TONIGHT. BLOWING SNOW COMBINED WITH INTENSIFYING SNOWFALL THIS AFTERNOON...WILL REDUCE VISBILITIES TO LESS THAN 1/4 MILE AND MAKE TRAVEL TREACHEROUS.

FOR THIS MORNING...LIGHT SNOW WILL CONTINUE ACROSS NORTH CENTRAL ILLINOIS WITH VISIBILITIES OF 3 TO 5 MILES AT TIMES WITH LESS THAN 1 INCH OF ADDITIONAL SNOWFALL BY NOON...ON TOP OF THE 3 TO 6 INCHES THAT HAS FALLEN OVERNIGHT. OVER NORTHEAST ILLINOIS...A MIX OF RAIN...FREEZING RAIN...SLEET AND SNOW WILL GIVE WAY TO ALL SNOW BY EARLY THIS AFTERNOON.

UNTREATED ROADS WILL BE SLIPPERY AND HAZARDOUS. SO SLOW DOWN AND ALLOW EXTRA TIME TO REACH YOUR DESTINATION.

IF YOU PLAN TO TRAVEL TODAY OR TONIGHT...CONSIDER TAKING A WINTER STORM KIT ALONG WITH YOU. THIS KIT SHOULD INCLUDE SUCH ITEMS AS TIRE CHAINS...BOOSTER CABLES...A FLASHLIGHT...SHOVEL...BLANKETS AND EXTRA CLOTHING. BRING PLENTY OF WATER...AS WELL AS A FIRST AID KIT...AND ANYTHING ELSE THAT WOULD HELP YOU SURVIVE IN CASE YOU BECOME STRANDED.
Looks like I'm in for it!! March is certainly "in like a lion" around here this year. But I will certainly make good use of the time that I'm snowed-in - and work on my bloggin'... what better way to spend my time these days! I have been perusing some really great blogs around here. :-) Has everyone heard Helen Razor's audio blog? Amazing - I loved it. (Helen, don't hate me because I'm married... lol)

Regards!
Dawn H.