Saturday, March 02, 2002

Raindrops keep falling on my head

Things have become very icky between me and my ex, as normally happens in the post-relationship aftermath. Naturally, when people go out, you tend to leave certain items at your partner's house. Unfortunately for me, I left a load of stuff that I really can't live without; pair of leather boots, countless shoes, my favourite dress, handcuffs etc. So this means that we are forced to organise a time to swap our stuff .. *sigh*

Lying awake in bed all morning (and most of the afternoon) gives you a great deal of time to think and contemplate, which is never a good thing. It has been hard enough to take being dumped by email but to make it worse, we are splitting up because my ex doesn't love me in 'that way' anymore. My mind is consumed with thoughts of 'would we still be together if I said this, or had done that?'. It's horrible. And icky. And horrible.

To quote Moulin Rouge (watched the DVD twice already today), "the greatest thing you'll ever know is to love and be loved in return". Sadly for me, there's not much love in return at the moment. Ah crap, why am I being all sad and melancholy? To the supermarket for a big tub of Ben and Jerry's ice-cream!

Smell ya later blog sisters :-)